Sunday, October 31, 2010

Socialmediaexaminer = Eyecatcher

I love the "Socialmediaexaminer" site (www.socialmediaexaminer.com).

Not only is it an eye catching site, it also follows all the digital writing rules.

  • Web page design and page layout create a consistent visual rhythm and pace. It is easy for readers to move through the page. It goes from left to right, as in way we read, with the business ads on the right.
  • I love the Social Media Jungle design. It makes me wonder what is in that site. It gets my curiosity going. I check on every page to see the various kinds of design relationships.
  • Consistent repetition of page layout, shapes, colors, typefaces, and textures. It is easy on reader’s eye.
  • Each page has clear topic headlines that do not require a user to read previous or subsequent pages. Each page is able to stand alone.

The site uses simple and straightforward global English language.

It also presents clear and consistent navigation aids throughout the site. The site gives visitors direct access to the information they want in the fewest steps. It should be a good site for Kean University Marketing for Social Media new students.

Each author was able to write clearly, precisely, accurately with energy and active voice. Authors have practical skills for writing and developing content for digital publishing.

Because of the clarity, I was quickly able to understand what they were trying to say. Best of all, they keep all paragraphs short.

On top, Hyperlinks are obvious and unambiguous.

They appear merely as pointers and content themselves.

The links enable readers to know exactly what they will find by clicking. Readers can decide whether they want to click on it or not.

As you all know, Social Media is completely new to me so I especially love the “Getting Started With Social Media” video. (http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/category/videos/)

It is designed to help businesses discover how to best use social media tools like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to find leads, increase sales and generate more brand awareness.

Currently, I am in between jobs.

One of my options is to start a small business for myself. One of the options is to import some fresh water pearl from China and sell through Web site.

Social media tools I learn from Kean University Marketing Course and this video really benefit me a lot.

This video is by Chris Brogan, author of the book Trust Agents (http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/category/videos/).

Chris shares his advice for businesses starting with social media. He offers very helpful information for me including.

Li Ching Jung

1 comment:

  1. Li Ching,

    Thank you for your great blog post. I went through and edited it to show you how to make it even more readable and to tell a story that "moves."

    Also offered a few places to get more specific and to offer links to the videos you discussed, etc.

    Well done.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete