Monday, October 18, 2010

Facebook Rocks

After doing some shopping this weekend, I noticed that a social networking tools are related to our everyday life. Not only are individuals using social media tools, but also department stores.

I was aked to sign up with Rainbow clothing store on their facebook to be informed of new sales going on each week.

Granted I know companys are starting to use social media to market but honestly I never expected companys such as Rainbow to promote in that way.

What is the next big social media tool that will come out? Now is facebook but eventually someone will come out with an upgrade of facebook. Hopefully I will be able to keep up.

Kashanna Johnson

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kashanna,

    Your story is fantastic. What is the reason that you would not expect Rainbow to be on Facebook?

    Best,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this times i would honestly expect almost every business to have at least a facebook page. This new revolution of social media such as facebook, tweeter, etc. are becoming the key ingredient for companies to increase their target market and therefore their revenue.

    Jenny A. Contreras

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perri,

    I guess I was in a social media bubble. I am so prone to sales papers or maybe even an e-mail of deals to come. When first using facebook, I thought it was just social media tool to find old friends and family. After seeing a sign in the store saying you can find us on Facebook, I was in shock. I could not figure out how a clothing store could utilize and have association with a social media tool such as Facebook. Times are really changing I see.

    Kashanna Johnson

    ReplyDelete