Monday, November 1, 2010

SEVEN DEADLY SINS!

We as bloggers need to improve our writing and our way to communicate with our readers.

I found and excellent blog that does not only follows all the digital writing rules, but also teaches readers how to improve on their writing.

Copyblogger is a blog that relates different articles from different authors and it basically explains to the readers the things that should and should not be done when digital writing.

Personally the one that i liked the most was "The 7 Deadly Sins of Blogging" by Sonia Simone.

The article is very simple and straight to the point. It explains the mistakes that most people commit when writing and the author calls them "sins".

The 7 sins she talks about are:
  1. Selfishness
  2. Sloth
  3. Impatience
  4. Lameness
  5. Identicality
  6. Irrelevance
  7. Boorishness

I even found myself a "sinner" after reading the blog, which makes me analyze a little bit more on my writing stlye and my purpose of writing.

I think the blog is very interesting and perfect for our class. Since some of us need a little bit of guidance thorugh this blogging process.

If you want to read more about the deadly sins and so many more articles related to blogging, go to: http://www.copyblogger.com/blogging-sins/

YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Mariana Alfonzo

#Kean University Marketing Students

1 comment:

  1. Mariana,

    Great posting. I love the headline and also your clever writing (e.g., you're a sinner). It's personal, specific and very interesting to read.

    Watch your use of ! Well done.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete