Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kobe Bryant: The Black Mamba!

As an avid follower of basketball and one of the top performers in the NBA today- Kobe Bryant, I have been following Kobe Bryant's personal website (http://www.kb24.com/) for the past year and a half now.

What I found most effective about the website was the simple design, concise posting and effective use of media (photos and videos). (share an example and link to it)

It also offers site visiters and return visitors like me a chance to post comment (feedback). (have you done it yet? if so, indicate what / response; if not, indicate why)

The site also offers an important "link off" feature. It allows me to post any News,Video or Feature onto Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn,Digg, 4Square etc. increasing linking to social media and increasing visibility of the site.

However, there are a few areas that Kobe's site could use improvement on.

First, a better font style and larger font size. This would allow readers to read faster and with less strain.

Secondly, the site layout at times is a little choppy and leaves me wanting more. Few articles and posts seem incomplete (marketing ploy?) while most do justice to the content.

Overall the site is a good representation of the Kobe Bryant brand.

I am a true fan of his game and can't wait for the Lakers to pick up a 6th ring!

Alexander Mathew

5 comments:

  1. Spoken like a true Kobe/Laker Fan. I'll have to tell my Fiance about this website. He might already know about it since he is a diehard Kobe/Lakers fan.

    It always amazes me how athletes have been able to brand themselves, outside of their team. At times, for example someone like Kobe, the brand they build personally is bigger than the team itself!

    I've become a Laker fan myself so let's hope to see them win another Championship!

    Cynthia Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,

    Thank you for your posting. I went in and edited it for shorter paragraphs and to separate your thoughts via bold.

    I also included a few places where examples would make the posting more illustrative.

    Watch your grammar.

    Thank you,
    Perri

    PS - I worked the Adidas press conference when Kobe Bryant first entered the NBA. He was such a nice, sweet kid back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prof. Richman

    Thank you for the edits.I see the areas that need improvement. Will work on it for the next post.

    And I do believe Kobe still is a good guy, just that the years and veteran status have made him steel and gritty.

    Then again,athletes are not being paid to be good PR and khushi-khushi people. They are paid to win it all! I think he's kept his part of the bargain.

    @Cynthia- Yes I hope they get their 6th this year too! Dynasty in the making, so far looking good! And if you do tell him, there's a Shop feature on there too with merchandise specific to Kobe :). On a side note,the new 5 Ring Shoe by Nike looks like a piece of art. Amazing! :D

    Alexander Mathew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great posting. I am a huge Kobe fan. I actually call him my cash cow. I can always depend on Kobe to bring me a win. I agree. The website could be a little better but the representation is done well.

    Kashanna Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  5. not the biggest Kobe or Laker fan fan but good posting. you are also right about the website could of been a lot better in representing him on the organization he is involved in. But you definitely got me to log in to the website to check it out (something i would of never done cause like i said not the biggest Kobe/Lakers fan)

    Rodlin Pierre

    ReplyDelete