Sunday, October 31, 2010

FAST Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurs, News- your search starts here

Fastcompany.com, a website I frequent, is to me the epitome of a successful webpage using digital media to a tee.

I don't enjoy reading the newspaper and everything that it covers.

I like to read things that interest me, like innovative consumer packaged goods or what's new with small businesses. Here's what FastCompany offers:
  • Headlines that tell me right away (hence Fast) if I will click on it or not. Here is an example: Double sided Peanut Butter jar. Headlines are to the point.
  • Links to articles which makes it easy to read more.
  • Page layout that is easy to follow. If you want to find articles on the subjects on technology or design, there's a tab to link you there.
  • Link to the author and link to title.
  • Search engine, powered by Google, which is always a plus.

I also feel fastcompany.com understands their audiences.

Their audience, like me, wants news, the kind of news you don't always find in the "Star Ledger" or "New York Times."

For me it's stuff that I didn't know I wanted to read, but glad I did.

But like everything else, there's always room for improvement ... but I'm having trouble finding where.

Cynthia Rodriguez

2 comments:

  1. Cynthia,

    Thank you for your posting. I agree that FastCompany is a great site and also a great magazine.

    I went in and edited your posting - to demonstrate how to get over a fear of short paragraphs! I also offered 1 place where you can cite an example.

    Take a look at the layout and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well let's just say I love it and I wish I would've thought've of this style first! One thing I need to remember is to hit enter after most of my sentences and use bullets.
    Thanks for the comments...slowly but surely it will all come together!

    ReplyDelete