Sunday, September 19, 2010

Social Media and Businesses

In your opinion, how well are businesses living up to the expectations for social media in 2010?


As a # Kean University Marketing Student, I hope to learn how well businesses are using social media in their business. Because I’m new to social media, I read and talk to others during the week about social media. Now I understand little bit more about social media and can see that businesses are living up to the expectations for social media in 2010.


Different business websites are using the share button, so visitors can share the site with others on Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites. And second companies are adding the Facebook, LinkIn, or other social media icons that will link to their companies’ page on these social media sites.


Social media is a great way for businesses to reach out to their customers and also a way for potential customers or visitors to find out about them. Each year the rise of businesses using social media has grown because businesses are starting to realize the importance about social media.


Social media is not something that is going away at time soon.


Below are two different companies using social media to their advantages:


Walgreens – Share button

http://careers.walgreens.com/career-areas/


Proctor and Gamble (P&G) – Links to their social media pages.

http://experiencepg.com/social-networks.aspx


Donna Foerst



Summarize how I improved my blog and what I would have done differently had I known these writing principles.

When I first wrote my blogs they had more than two lines of copy and more than one idea.


I have shorten my paragraphs to either 1 or 2 lines and they are brief and to the point. I made sure who my primary and secondary audiences are.

2 comments:

  1. Donna,

    I am delighted to see that you were able to get on line and play around with social media.

    Your examples are excellent! And I like your headline - it was specific to the assignment and was catching.

    One tip: Shorten up your paragraphs for readability. 1-2 sentences, and only 1 thought per paragraph.

    Great job.

    Perri Richman

    ReplyDelete