Sunday, September 26, 2010

Digg the News

As a # Kean University Marketing Student I decided to try a new social media tool and this is why I chose this one.


When I read about the different social media sites, I decided to sign up for Digg (digg.com). The reason is because I like to keep up with the news and what is going on around the world.


Because Digg is a social news site for people to discover and share news information, I thought this was perfect for me.


I do not always have time to either read the newspaper or watch the news on TV, so this would be a quick and easy way to get the news information I am interest in. I can pick and choose what I want to read about.


The concept behind the site is for users to follow areas of the news, for instance a user could follow “Breaking News” and know what news has just broken. There are many different topics to follow on the site.


A user can read the full article if they choose and then comment on it. Digg has added new features just recently so users can easily fine others who have the same interests. This way they can share their views together.


Digg is looking for a more of community engagement.


When I first signed up, I looked to see what there was on Digg’s site to follow and there are so many different newspapers and news shows around the world. Another feature is you can see who is following the same news as you or see if your friends are on it also.


These are some of the news items I follow:


Today Show: Bullied to Death

NBC New York: Tri-State Residents Cope with Rain, Traffic, Power Problems

The Wall Street Journal: McDonald's Says It May Drop Health Plan


I also follow the NY Times, The New Yorker and Breaking News.


Donna Foerst


I revised my blog by adding a more catchier title and added the areas of news I follow.



1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am interested in who posted the comment as you did not sign your name!

    Very thoughtful posting - and visually appealing. Thank you.

    What were some of the news stories you liked or followed? Can you link to them from your blog post to give them more publicity?

    One thought: Headline. I know that you can do better than just stating the name of the social media outlet!

    Thank you,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete