Sunday, September 19, 2010

Marketing Students Use Blogging at Kean

# Kean University’s Social Media Marketing Students are learning by blogging.


Should blogging be part of our class and what do I hope to gain by contributing to it as a # Kean University Marketing Student?


My first thought was to say it would not be good because I do not have any previous knowledge about social media. And you say how could that be in this day-in-age. But it is true.


After thinking a little bit more and doing some research, I think blogging should be and would be a very good for the marketing students to use blogging for our discussions. First because for myself, I’m not being familiar with blogging, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media tools, it will give me a start to understand what all the buzz is about with social media and why everyone is using it.


It also is a good way for all the marketing students in my class to participate in the classroom. Sometimes some students do not speak up in class because they are shy or there just is not enough time to get everyone’s opinion.


With blogging everyone will get to voice their opinion and be able to share their ideas about the different topics in the class. Also each of us might get some ideas from the other students, we might not have thought about ourselves.


This will be great opportunity for me understand social media, since this is the way of the future and I will be gaining more information and new ideas along the way.


Also after I fully understand social media, I can than apply it to marketing and se the impact social media has on marketing today.


Donna Foerst

11/3/10

1 comment:

  1. Donna,

    Thank you for being so honest in your post. In particular, about your experiences with social media.

    You are definitely "getting" the purpose of social media. I am impressed.

    Again, consider shorter paragraphs for readability.

    Well done.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete