Sunday, November 28, 2010

Facebook shut down pages !

Imagine finding out at your surprise that our class blog, Innovative Marketing @ Kean University, was shut down and then later reinstated after couple of days by Google.


And there you were asking questions like - what really happened? “I mean, what did we do to deserve this?” asked the other guy. Of course, we couldn’t wait to get some answers from our master of social media - professor Perri.


As we waited to hear from the professor why our favorite class blog was treated like a thing of less value, a classmate alleged that Google received complaints from Kean University that our class blog had engaged in an activity that wasn’t within the sites rules.


Wow! This must be the craziest thing to imagine you would like to think. But here’s the point: can an institution like a government gets Facebook to close down pages of political or social activists?


That was the question I asked myself when I read the article “Egypt Facebook vanish before vote: members”, and I thought I should share it with the class. Were the pages shut down and then reinstated before or after investigation by Facebook?


But wait..., it could be just another proof of how effective social media has become and that sometimes some big institutions can’t stand it. Please let me know what’s your take on the article.




Abaya Sannor


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all your hard work,especially...University well done!
    I respect the decision you have made,and wish you all the best in future...happiness and good job.

    ReplyDelete