Sunday, November 7, 2010

More Traffic to Our Site!!

SEO means finding ways to increase our site's appearance in web visitors' search results. This generally means more traffic to our blog.


I think that to get started, we as a class and part of our Kean blog, should be conscious about placing appropriate keywords throughout the blog.


Every aspect of our blog should be consider:

  • Titles
  • Content
  • URLs
  • Links--I just linked the blog to my facebook page and IT WORKS! It really increased the SEO.
  • Images

When i look for information on a specific topic online, i try to narrow my searchings to specific keywords. The more relevant words, the more likely the page is to appear in search results. So, lets start thinking of keywords as search terms.

Also, I agree with the suggestion of changing the title of our blog in class. I think there are too many prepositions that makes the searchings not to appear at first. May be we can try "Kean Media talks" or #Kean University Marketing Students.

As as personal experience i have been making changes on all my blog postings. Not only i tied up the content of my posts to the title but also i have changed some general words to keywords.

Moreover, i have been linking all my posts to my facebook page to increase our SEO. After searching for our class blog in google, i noticed we come up as a third option in the google page!!

It seems that our efforst for increasing our SEO is actually working!!

Jenny A. Contreras

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, I posted the link to my FB last Friday too. And immediately the SEO put our blog up atleast 2-4 places higher in the Google search ! :)

    Alexander Mathew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,

    Thank you for your posting. What did you do to increase the SEO of our blog? And how did it work?

    It is not clear from your posting - and that was the assignment.

    Thank you,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Perri,

    I've just edited my post and specified the changes i've made to increase the SEO of our blog. I hope is clear now.

    ReplyDelete