Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kean’s Blog needs More Traffic

How do I as a # Kean University Marketing Student drive traffic to our class blog?

One Key Element of SEO

I hope by implementing one key element in search engine optimization (SEO) that this would increase traffic to our class blog. In doing this it will boost the ratings in the SEO results.

The first thing I thought about searching on search engines is how I go about searching for information and that is using keywords or phrases depending on what I’m looking for.

I feel that developing keyword and phrases is the most important step in developing a successful SEO. I feel keywords should be relevant to what you are writing and the place where you are linking.

To help increase the SEO on our class blog, I decided to redo and old blog post I had done in the beginning of the class, “Blogging in the Classroom?"

I change the headline on November 3rd to read “Marketing Students Use Blogging at Kean.” I feat if a user was searching for information on marketing or Kean University, the blog should come up in the search engine.

I also changed some of the wording to have more keywords that I thought maybe a user would search for.

How did the changes affect the blogs searching results?

I did many searches after updating the older blog I created back in September and changed on November 3rd and did not find a difference.

When searching I tried different word combinations and actually used the whole title as my search and this did not bring up the blog. I even search for my name and this also did not bring up any searches.

In the end my thoughts are that the search engines are not indexing the site once they send out their spiders or the settings for the blog does allow for searching this blog.

Because searching any of the other articles also did not bring them up in searches.

Donna Foerst
11/7/10

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Who submitted this? You did not sign your name.

    This is well done! Be prepared to discuss your experience in class tonight.

    Best,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Added my name to the post. This morning I did a search again on Yahoo and Google. Try different combinations of words and when I search these words on Google "Marketing Students Use Blogging at Kean." the blog came up with this post and not the older post.

    Donna Foerst
    11/8/10

    ReplyDelete